SIGOPS Sponsorship Policy
SIGOPS is happy to co-sponsor or cooperate with quality conferences on topics related to its mission. Details on requesting either co-sponsorship or "in cooperation with" can be found in the ACM Conference Manual. Briefly, information for "in cooperation with" can be found here. For sponsorship or co-sponsorhsip, first fill out the PAF (preliminary approval form) and further information is available here.
We recognize that co-sponsorship and cooperation provides both benefits and responsibilities to both parties. SIGOPS will advertise the events co-sponsored and in cooperation with through its Web site and its SIGOPS-ANNOUNCE monthly posting.
In addition to following the ACM policies on co-sponsorship and in-cooperation, SIGOPS requires the following from the conference.
For "in cooperation with ACM SIGOPS", the conference will:
For "co-sponsored by ACM SIGOPS", the conference will:
- mention "In cooperation with ACM SIGOPS" in any advertisement and proceedings of the event (including a link to the SIGOPS Web site in electronic documents)
- publish the proceedings in the ACM Digital Library and in the next SOSP CD-ROM, unless it is explicitly disallowed by the proceedings publisher.
- Mention "In cooperation with ACM SIGOPS" in any advertisement and proceedings of the event (including a link to the SIGOPS Web site in electronic documents).
- Publish the proceedings in the ACM Digital Library and in the next SOSP CD-ROM.
- Nominate one of the SIGOPS officers, or their designate, as a member of the conference steering committee.
- Make it easy for people to join SIGOPS, e.g., by offering membership with non-member registration fees or by including a check-box on the registration form.