The ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing 2019 (SoCC ’19) is the tenth in an established series of symposia that bring together researchers, developers, users, and practitioners interested in cloud computing. SoCC offers multiple opportunities for students to share their knowledge, experience, and research works with internationally recognized researchers from both academia and industry.
To this end, the SoCC planning committee, with the support of the National Science Fountation, ACM SIGMOD, and ACM SIGOPS, is pleased to offer travel scholarships to help students defray the costs of attending the program. Priority will be given to students with an accepted paper at SoCC, as well as students from groups historically underrepresented at the conference.
Applicants should be full time students (undergraduate or graduate) and will be expected to attend the full conference. Awardees will receive a partial reimbursement for conference registration and travel expenses; The expected award is $600 to students traveling from within the US and $700 to students coming from outside the US. Priority will be given to a student with an accepted paper or poster.
September 16, 2019 (11:59:59pm PST) – Scholarship Applications Due
September 30, 2019 – Award Notification
Submission website: https://socc19-student-scholarships.hotcrp.com/
Submit in one PDF file the following:
- A cover letter that includes the student’s full name, school affiliation, and contact information, and the advisor’s full name and contact information (if applicable)
1 pagestatement from the student outlining her or his research area and how it relates to SoCC.
- Student’s CV (max 2 pages).
- A letter of support from the student’s advisor confirming the student’s academic standing, explaining how the student would benefit from conference attendance, and outlining other resources that will be provided to the student for attending SoCC.
- Oliver Kennedy, The University at Buffalo
- Faisal Nawab, The University of California, Santa Cruz.