The Eighth SIGOPS Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems will be held in Mumbai, India.
Building on the success of its predecessors, APSys 2017 will continue to be a lively forum for systems researchers and practitioners across the world to meet, interact, and collaborate with their peers from the Asia/Pacific region. APSys takes a broad view of systems and solicits papers from various fields of systems, including but not limited to:
- Operating systems, their interaction with hardware architecture and programming languages
- Virtualization and its novel applications
- File and storage systems
- Networked systems including both wired and wireless networks
- Mobile, wireless, embedded and pervasive systems
- Cloud computing and data center management
- Edge computing and peer to peer systems
- Systems for Big Data Analytics
- Distributed systems, theory and practice
- Internet of Things
- System energy characterization and optimization
- Testing and verification of computer systems
- Measurement, monitoring, and modeling
- Reliability, scalability, and fault tolerance
- Security and privacy
- Systems for machine learning and AI
- Heterogeneous systems, GPU computing, and novel hardware accelerators
- Experience with deployed systems
- Application of interesting research ideas to computer systems, such as machine learning and stochastic modeling.
The workshop favors works with an experimental flavor such as measurement and prototyping.